We are pleased to announce that Opal 2.6 is now available. Opal is OBiBa’s core database application
Java 8 is now a requirement.
As Java 7 support by Oracle has ended a while ago and because Java 8 is much better at handling collections (parallelization of computations for instance), all OBiBa softwares now require Java 8. See Java instructions specific to your system for upgrading.
The main new features are:
- improved performance: parallelization of read and write operations as much as possible,
- identifiers database can use the tabular SQL schema,
- support of MariaDB databases,
- R/DataSHIELD workspaces: R server session can be saved and restored,
- R files API: Opal files can be pushed to/pulled from the R server session,
- R data API: any R object can be sent from the R client session to the R server session.
To benefit from the new R/DataSHIELD functionalities, the R opal package is to be upgraded as well (at least version 2.3.0). See Opal R package installation instructions.
See Opal documentation for installation and operation instructions.